6 Proven Tips to Sleep Better at Night
Lack of sleep is a big problem for many people nowadays. Sleeping enough is very important for our body to work at it’s best.
Sleep deprivation can cause many illnesses or problems, here are few which came out from various studies by researchers, so these are all backed by science
2. High blood pressure
4. Cardiac issues
5. Low immunity
6. Mental illnesses like depression, anxiety and panic.
7. Dull brain
8. Affected visual perception
9. Short term memory
10. Illusions while awake or lack of concentration
And many more…..
The best way to prevent sleep deprivation is to make sure you get adequate sleep.
1. Be Fully Active All Day or Work a Little in Daylight.
• Get your body tired till the evening and it will crave sleep. It works like a miracle, trust me!
• By being active here, I don’t mean that you have to do very heavy workouts throughout the day. Just don’t be lazy and don’t lie on the bed all the time.
• Try not sleeping at daytime, It will improve sleep quality to a great extent.
• By just laying on bed you will fall asleep in seconds and wonder what happened, the next morning.
• Many studies prove that a daylight exposure will make your body and senses aware of when to be active and when to sleep
2. Be Consistent with your Sleeping and Waking Time.
• Yes of course it is not easy because of the very uncertain life of ours but try to be consistent.
• Consistency will help your circadian rhythm catch your sleep time or your mind to understand your sleep cycle.
• And then your natural biological clock will put you to sleep very easily without any difficulty.
• This will make you get rid of alarm very soon!
3. Have a Cool Room Temperature
• You would have noticed that it is more hard to sleep in summers than winters.
• It is because our body temperature and the room temperature matter a lot in the matter of sleep.
• So, if you want a good sleep you must have a cool temperature in room, I am not saying cold but cool or at least moderate because high temperature will disturb your sleep cycle.
• You can adjust according to your liking and comfort.
4. Have a Warm Bath.
• Taking bath at night is proven to be the best way to relax your body muscles and also mind.
• So obviously if your body is relaxed you will sleep in no time, that too like a baby.
• Foot bath can also improve your sleep.
5. Try Not to Drink Anything few hours(1-3) before Sleep.
• Any fluid intake will bother you all night because you will have to go to the bathroom a lot, it is the most common problem in adults which disturbs their sleep cycle all the time.
• Always go to the restroom before you go to the bed to avoid waking up again and again at night.Also reduce your intake of caffeine at the evening. It will have a disruptive effect on your sleep.
6. Stop using phone at least one hour before sleep
• The Blue light that comes from your laptops and mobiles is considered the most negatively affecting factor.
• Not only for your sleep but vision and memory too as mentioned in various studies.
• If you work at night, try these measures to reduce exposure to the harmful rays:
1. Use night shield or eye protection on your device.
2. There are some very effective glasses to block blue light, you can try those.
3. Download some helpful apps, which help in reducing the affects of blue light. Some devices also offer inbuilt Night Mode which is customizable as per your usage timings.
Try these and let us know if these helped you in any way. Share this with your friends and help them sleep like a baby.
If you still have problems with sleeping at night you must consult your doctor. They can test your health conditions which might be interrupting your sleep schedule.
© 2020 – HumansofHimachal.com